Chapter VIII - Handling of violations of commercial law
* This translated version is originated from Ministry of Justice and for reference only.
Article 320.- Acts of violation of commercial law
1. Acts of violation of commercial law include:
a/ Violating provisions on business registration; business licenses of traders; establishment and operation of representative offices and branches of Vietnamese traders and foreign traders;
b/ Violating provisions on domestically traded goods and services, and exported or imported goods and services; temporary import for re-export, temporary export for re-import; transfer through border-gates; transit;
c/ Violating provisions on taxes, invoices, documents, accounting books and reports;
d/ Violating provisions on prices of goods and services;
e/ Violating provisions on labeling of domestically circulated goods and exports and imports;
f/ Smuggling, trading in goods illegally imported, counterfeit goods or raw materials and materials for production of counterfeit goods, or conducting illegal business;
g/ Violating provisions on quality of domestically traded goods and services, and exported or imported goods and services;
h/ Defrauding and deceiving customers in the purchase and sale of goods or the provision of services;
i/ Violating provisions on protection of interests of customers;
j/ Violating provisions on intellectual property rights to domestically traded goods and services; and exported or imported goods and services;
k/ Violating provisions on origin of goods;
l/ Other violations in commercial activities according to the provisions of law.
2. The Government shall specify acts of violation of commercial law provided for in Clause 1 of this Article.
Article 321.- Forms of handling of violations of commercial law
1. Depending on the nature, seriousness and consequences of violations, violating organizations and individuals shall be handled in one of the following forms:
a/ Sanctions according to the provisions of law on handling of administrative violations;
b/ Where an act of violation involves all elements constituting a crime, the violator shall be examined for penal liability according to the provisions of law.
2. Where an act of violation causes harm to the interests of the State or legitimate rights and interests of organizations and/or individuals, compensation must be paid according to the provisions of law.
Article 322.- Sanctioning of administrative violations in commercial activities
The Government shall specify the sanctioning of administrative violations in commercial activities.